Random Musings of a Banded Bad-Ass (not really)....

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Gallon Club & The Tooth Fairy


I went to a blood drive today, and this donation brought me into the American Red Cross Gallon Club! As I was squeezing my fist to fill up my bag, my first thought was "How cool it is that one pint can help up to three people?" My second thought was, "I wonder how much a pint of blood weighs, and if there is any weight loss involved here?". Lame, I know. Anyway, I feel good regardless.

On the band front, I feel like I'm in no-man's land. I'm not sure I know how to clearly define "restriction". My band has made its presence known, as I have had several "stuck" episodes, but I am rarely full after 1/2 cup or even one cup of food. Even if I do get full on a small meal, it sure doesn't last until the next one. I'll have to chat with my surgeon, as I know he thinks I am doing well, and I sense he is hesitant to fill me up more. But, man, it's tough to stay disciplined, and I need some help!

OK, here's a cute story for you....My six-year-old niece Evelyn lost a tooth while on vacation in Hawaii. At the airport on their way home, her mom found the tooth in her purse, and her dad said "Evie, I'm sorry, we forgot to put your tooth under your pillow for the Tooth Fairy". Without missing a beat, Evelyn replied "Maybe the Tooth Fairy just put the money right in Mommy's wallet".

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you need a fill. I would definitely talk to my surgeon. Kids are really clever!!

    ReplyDelete