Random Musings of a Banded Bad-Ass (not really)....

Monday, September 13, 2010

Don Draper, Disney & Port Pain


I love Don Draper. He is one sexy, smokin' sonofabitch. I just had to say that. If you don't watch Mad Men, you should. If you do, you undoubtedly agree with me.

So, I was a naughty girl this weekend. I met two of my college roommates for a mini-reunion at Disneyland yesterday. Actually, we met at Downtown Disney, and did not go into the park(s). The libations were flowing, however, and I drank more than my share of liquid calories. Vodka mixes so nicely with so many sweet flavors: simple syrup, grenadine, pineapple juice...but I digress. It's amazing how you can get together with a good friend you haven't seen in years (15+ in the case of Amy), and pick up right where you left off. Here's a photo of the three of us:

Thank God for my friend Sandi's cascading hair, huh? Wonder what the server who took the picture was thinking. I'm also not sure what's going on with my arm (I don't think I have fat rolls on my tri-cep).

I've been having some significant pain at my port site for the past two days. This has happened a few other times since my surgery, and it eventually subsides, but I have never figured out the cause. The best way for me to describe it is that it's like a stinging sensation, like I'm pulling sutures out of a muscle. I know I don't have stitches, so I don't know what to think, except that it seems to be induced by either exercise or overeating. Last time this happened, my surgeon gave me antibiotics, but I'm not convinced that I had an infection or that the antibiotics are what caused the pain to eventually go away. I remember reading on someone's blog that the hard lump just above my port incision is not, in fact, the port, but rather scar tissue. I'm not sure if this is the case or not, but that hard lump is definitely the site/source of the pain. Have any of you Lovelies had a similar experience?

6 comments:

  1. Sorry, I can't help with the port pain but congrats on the college roomie reunion. I meet up with mine every year for what ends up being the best weekend every year. It's so wonderful to have conversations that never stop and just get better with age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...I am watching season 3 of Mad Men right now and I completely agree. Don Draper is one sexy man! My best friend and I are the exact same way. We won't see each other for years and just pick right up where we left off, I love it!! I'm sorry about the port pain, I have not experienced that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had port pain after the surgery but noting recent! Sorry you are having some pain. You look great in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your great comment in my blog tonight.

    As for the port pain, I had port pain off and on for about the first 6 months after Surgery. Nothing serious enough to go to the Doctor about though. But sometimes it did get pretty painful. Not sure why either.

    But it did eventually go away almost completely. However, I do occasionally still have some pain. Especially if I accidentally bump it into something, like a shopping cart...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never watched Mad Men. I saw Oprah did a show on them once and is crazy about them. I might have to check it out.

    I hope your port situation gets better. I haven't experienced that and Lord knows I don't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - Don coming out of the Swim club this week with the Stones playing - awesome! I'm slightly obsessed with MM right now.
    I get port pain sometimes once pretty bad after yoga and sometimes after I get stuck(don't know why).

    ReplyDelete