Random Musings of a Banded Bad-Ass (not really)....

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rewarding Myself....or Sabotage?

I do it every time....I see a new low on the scale, and I chillax with a day of "celebration eating", which always drives my weight backup.  Yesterday, I saw 182.5, and while I didn't go hog-wild with eating, I went over my calories, and was pretty "snacky".  You know, my way of saying "atta girl".  Only the result is always a jump on the scale.  Today, 184.0. TOM is here, so that may be a factor, but I don't want to make excuses.  I must break this celebration cycle.  If I had some extra money I could go shopping or get a massage, but I don't.  So I need to just buclke down and do better.

On the port front, I am doing much better.  Since my port was removed 3.5 weeks ago, I have no fluid in my band, but strangely, I still feel restriction, and the scale has moved down about five lbs.  Go figure!  My pain has decreased significantly, and my wound is healing nicely.  I see my surgeon in two weeks, and I'll pick a surgery date with him.  Ideally, he said 9-12 weeks from when my port was removed and definitely not before my wound is closed and healed (it's pretty close).

Took a recent weekend RV trip to the Grand Canyon.  Three RVs filled with family and friends. It was great fun, and the views were as great as I remembered from my childhood.  I'll leave you with a couple of shots:





Until Next Time,


1 comment:

  1. ah great pics! Glad to hear your port is healing up...I do that too, reward myself with food...the shame of it!

    ReplyDelete